- Watch this 15 minute presentation to become fully informed on the critical need for the Westlake Schools Levy.Click HERE
- 4/4/2013 - Sun News Endorses Issue 16! Click HERE for editorial.
- 4/3/2013 - The Morning Journal - Click HERE for article.
- 3/20/2013 - WestLife Endorses Issue 16!
- 3/19/2013 - cleveland.com/Sun News - Westlake schools: Issue 16 is frst operating levy in seven years. Click HERE
- Interested in Volunteering? Click HERE
- Request an absentee ballot by clicking HERE
- Homestead Exemption - Cuyahoga County - FAQs - click HERE.
Westlake Schools are excellent but without this levy, that excellence is at risk.
• Our graduates are prepared to excel in college and the workforce.
• Our schools are consistently rated in the top 5% out of all Ohio schools.
• This 5.9 mill levy will cost $15 per month per $100,000 in home valuation.
Our schools lost over $4.2 million in state funding in the last two years.
• The schools cut 17 positions & reduced programming to account for the state reductions. This levy will prevent further cuts that will negatively impact educational excellence.
• In 2006, the schools committed to making the operating levy last 4 years. Through diligent planning, it’s been 7 years since the last operating levy, an extra 3 years.
Our schools have already made deep cuts to address funding reductions.
• Our schools have cut over $4 million in spending by reducing staff, eliminating high school bussing and reducing training and other costs.
• The new teachers’ contract will save over $5.5 million by reducing salaries, increasing employee health care contributions by 50% and requiring additional work days.
Westlake Schools are accountable and fiscally responsible.
• The school district earned its 5th consecutive perfect audit last year with no findings and has been recognized for a clean audit for the last 18 years.
• When completed, the new buildings will be more energy efficient and cost less to operate, saving taxpayer money while maximizing educational opportunity.
• Our schools were recently recognized by the State as a top school district for sharing services in order to operate more cost effectively.
With this operating levy, our schools keep what Westlake residents expect:
Keep current programming without making even deeper cuts
Avoid making further cuts to educational necessities
Maintain excellent educational opportunities to ensure our students can compete in the global economy and
Avoid further cuts to transportation services
The quality of our schools affects the quality of our community and we must protect the excellent education our residents expect.
• Excellent schools make Westlake a more attractive place to live.
• Maintaining the quality we have come to expect from our schools is a vital part of maintaining our property values.
On May 7th please remember to vote FOR Westlake Schools to protect our excellent education and our community.