It’s time to move Westlake forward and address our aging elementary schools!
After years of study, a citizens committee concluded that it was no longer fiscally prudent to renovate or retrofit the deteriorating elementary facilities, not suited for today’s educational standards.
One PK-4 elementary schools is good educationally and financially.
- Strengthens education by ensuring that all Westlake students receive the same curriculum
- Provides more access to support services and resources, like counseling and media/technology
- Creates shared common spaces, but includes separate wings for age appropriate divisions
- Allows the district to focus funds in the classroom, instead of on emergency, Band-aid repairs
- Saves over a million dollars in operating costs each year
This is also the final phase of the building plan, making certain all Westlake students are educated in modern educational spaces.
This issue moves Westlake forward, save money, and won’t raise taxes.